An online magazine with information related to attractions, lodging, dining,
and travel resources in selected areas of Washinton
Fort Worden - Point Wilson Lighthouse
A light station is located in Fort Worden at Point Wilson. Point Wilson is the spot at which ships turn from the Strait of Juan de Fuca into Admiralty Inlet. The first lighthouse constructed at Point Wilson was a 46 foot frame tower in 1879. The current tower was built in 1904. Bad weather and stormy seas have damaged the facility and there is talk of moving it to a less exposed location.